Oplaneti se! Recycle
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
National campaign „Oplaneti se! Recikliraj“ was organized in order to stimulate and promote waste separation and recycling in Serbia.
Non-formal NGO network “Green list of Serbia” has conducted a national campaign on waste separation and recycling in 2010. Main achievements were:
– 12 local actions where citizens collected and separated waste.
– research on waste composition in 12 local communities, with a participation of 195 families. The results were analyzed and published.
– promo-educational event was organized on the occasion of the World Environmental Day- 5th of June in Belgrade. During the event over 25 workshops were organized with a participation of more than 1000 citizens, mostly kids and youth.
– eco bike caravan was organized as a final activity of the national campaign. 30 activities of the Green List of Serbia have passed over 600km, visiting 11 local communities and promoting recycling.
– over 40 local and national media reported about Oplaneti se! Recycle campaign.
citizens in 13 communities, waste management decision makers
Project Spacial Area:
Kruševac, Raška, Žagubica, Niš, Aleksinac, Valjevo, Vučje, Vranje, Trstenik, Knjaževac i Gornji Milanovac
Institute for Sustainable Communities, USAID (30.995,00 USD)