One of the most successful examples of public participation in the environmental decision making in Serbia is cooperation between Committee for the environmental protection of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia and CSOs. The Green Chair is a name for the process of cooperation but also is the name of the network of […]
Institutional grant under CSOnnect programme
Arhus center Novi Sad
Center of modern skills
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
The institutional grant shall be used for activities related to negotiation for the Chapter 27 in Serbia’ EU integration process. Focus shall be on:
– more efficient advocacy of transposition and implementation of Directives in relation to horizontal legislation, nature protection and waters.
– bigger and organized participation of CSOs in decision making processes for Chapter 27 (capacity building of CSOs, strengthening existing networks and initiatives, gathering new members etc.).
– dialogue of different stakeholders on reforms that implementation of EU acquis brings (planning infrastructural environmental projects, an adaptation of policy documents, financing).
– increasing visibility of YRS and partner organizations in public, growing citizens’ support to YRS’ work (campaign to promote work of YRS and other CSOs on Chapter 27).
– set long-term learning environment for targeted topics (horizontal legislation, nature protection, public participation)
– efficient cooperation and dialogue between CSOs and institutions related to EU negotiation Chapter 27
– developed a mechanism for monitoring implementation of targeted EU Directives in Serbia
– CSO’ advocacy activities supported by citizens
CSOs, local authorities and national institutions
Project Spacial Area:
Republic of Serbia
REC office in Serbia thought CSOnnect programme, supported by SIDA (48 000 EUR)
Latest Articles from category: CSOnnect INSTITUTIONAL
Young Researchers of Serbia, in cooperation with project partners and CSO networks, will continue work on monitoring a transposition and the implementation of the EU acquis (under Chapter 27 – Environment and Climate Change) during 2018. The project, supported by SIDA and REC office in Serbia, will have a focus on capacity building, advocacy, and […]