In January, we have started the implementation of the Green Incubator project. The project leader is Belgrade Open School, partners are Young Researchers of Serbia and the Environmental Engineering Group. We’re about to lunch our first activities, so get ready! More about projects on our “Current Projects” page.
Citizens’ ideas for the BeoGrad – Right to WhiteCity!
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
The project “Citizens’ Ideas for the BeoGrad” (01/07 /2010-30/11/2010) was designed as one part of 5 groups of activities. Other activities belonged to the project entitled “Right to WhiteCity”, which was supported through the SECTOR 2 Program of the Regional Environmental Center.
The general goal of the “Citizens’ Ideas for BeoGrad” project was to: create preconditions for systematic dealing with solving the problem of traffic impacts on the quality of the environment in Belgrade, by linking citizens, civil society and institutions with decision-makers and making a cross-section of the situation on needs and possible solutions.
The specific objectives were:
- Establish cross-sectoral cooperation between stakeholders in transport and environment issues;
- Increase understanding of the concept of sustainable transport through education and public campaign;
- Raise public awareness and awareness of the impact of urban transport on climate change (awareness of the need to reduce CO2 emissions);
- Strengthen the roles and position of civil society organizations dealing with the environment in the urban planning and transport sector.
- Promote the advantage of public transport, hiking and bicycles (promoting a sustainable lifestyle among Belgrade’s citizens);
- Increase citizens’ participation in decision-making related primarily to the quality of life and healthy life in their city.
The direct results of the project are:
- Multisectoral and multidisciplinary workgroup formed
- Organized National Conference “Sustainable Transport – Improving the Quality of Environment“
- Educational-promotional campaign conducted
- A research was conducted on the needs of citizens in relation to problems and possible solutions to the development of sustainable transport in Belgrade.
- A comparative analysis of the transport policies of cities in Europe has been made.
Citizens of the City of Belgrade
Project Spacial Area:
City of Belgrade, Municipalities of Stari Grad and Novi Beograd
Administration of the City of Belgrade, Secretariat for Environmental Protection (RSD 250.000 )
An overview of the analysis.
Latest Articles from category: Environmental Protection
The Danube Art Master winners are selected by 13 countries, which share the Danube River Basin, including Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. The competition is open to all children and schools across the 13 countries that make up the Danube River Basin. Around 663 […]
Report Chapter 27 in Serbia: Money talks is the 6th annual report that tackles important developments in the area of environmental protection and climate change in detail. This Coalition 27 reports primarily addresses the topics related to Chapter 27 discussed at the EU accession negotiations between March 2018 and February 2019 and as such it […]
Obedska bara as an example of sustainable agriculture, an article published in Info – Europa (Die Presse)
Following the invitation of the editor of Info – Europa (published as a supplement of the daily newspaper Die Presse) Milka Gvozdenovic from YRS has written an article about sustainable agriculture in SEE. The need for stronger dialogue and cooperation between stakeholders on sustainable agriculture development in SEE region is illustrated with an example from […]