In the next five years, volunteering for nature protection in Serbia is gaining additional recognition through the award “Volunteers are Nature’s Peers“! We are opening this year’s contest within the project “Together for the Environment” funded by the USAID, implemented by the Belgrade Open School. Civil society organizations and institutions are invited to nominate volonteers […]
Citizens’ ideas for the BeoGrad – Right to WhiteCity!
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
The project “Citizens’ Ideas for the BeoGrad” (01/07 /2010-30/11/2010) was designed as one part of 5 groups of activities. Other activities belonged to the project entitled “Right to WhiteCity”, which was supported through the SECTOR 2 Program of the Regional Environmental Center.
The general goal of the “Citizens’ Ideas for BeoGrad” project was to: create preconditions for systematic dealing with solving the problem of traffic impacts on the quality of the environment in Belgrade, by linking citizens, civil society and institutions with decision-makers and making a cross-section of the situation on needs and possible solutions.
The specific objectives were:
- Establish cross-sectoral cooperation between stakeholders in transport and environment issues;
- Increase understanding of the concept of sustainable transport through education and public campaign;
- Raise public awareness and awareness of the impact of urban transport on climate change (awareness of the need to reduce CO2 emissions);
- Strengthen the roles and position of civil society organizations dealing with the environment in the urban planning and transport sector.
- Promote the advantage of public transport, hiking and bicycles (promoting a sustainable lifestyle among Belgrade’s citizens);
- Increase citizens’ participation in decision-making related primarily to the quality of life and healthy life in their city.
The direct results of the project are:
- Multisectoral and multidisciplinary workgroup formed
- Organized National Conference “Sustainable Transport – Improving the Quality of Environment“
- Educational-promotional campaign conducted
- A research was conducted on the needs of citizens in relation to problems and possible solutions to the development of sustainable transport in Belgrade.
- A comparative analysis of the transport policies of cities in Europe has been made.
Citizens of the City of Belgrade
Project Spacial Area:
City of Belgrade, Municipalities of Stari Grad and Novi Beograd
Administration of the City of Belgrade, Secretariat for Environmental Protection (RSD 250.000 )
An overview of the analysis.
Latest Articles from category: Environmental Protection
YRS Participated in the Second Meeting of the Working Group for Drafting of the National Environmental Protection Strategy
Representatives of the Young Researchers of Serbia, BOS, and RERI, who are project partners on the VOLVOX – The Strength of Community, took active role in the second meeting of the Working Group for Drafting the National Environmental Protection Strategy – “Green Agenda for Serbia” dedicated to defining the Strategy goals in accordance with the […]
YRS at the First Meeting of the Working Group for the Development of the Strategy for Environmental Protection of Serbia
Executive Director of the Young Researchers of Serbia, Tanja Petrovic, together with partners from BOS and RERI, participated in the first meeting of the Working Group for the Development of the National Environmental Protection Strategy – “Green Agenda for Serbia.” The initial meeting was attended by more than 120 representatives of relevant institutions, the academic […]
The contract signing ceremony and introductory training for ECO-SYSTEM grantees were held in Zrenjanin
At the beginning of the second cycle of ECO-SYSTEM support for CSOs in the area of environmental protection, from July 11 to 13 in Zrenjanin, an introductory training and contract signing ceremony was held between The Young Researchers of Serbia and 13 organizations whose projects were supported. The contract signing ceremony was attended by project teams in front of 12 networks […]