ECO SYSTEM: Supporting environmental reforms in Serbia
The ECO SYSTEM programme will be implemented in cooperation with the networks of environmental citizens' associations.
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
The programme will be implemented from January 2020 until December 2022. The programme objective is to enforce the reforms in the environmental sector in Serbia through more active involvement of the civil society organisations (CSOs) in the implementation of the EU acquis and constant cooperation of stakeholders.
- Improved state of the environment in Serbia, with environmental indicators to be aligned with EU standards.
- Better planning and management in the environmental protection sector with the permanent involvement of stakeholders.
- Sustainable and efficient work of the environmental CSOs with greater participation and support of citizens.
The ECO SYSTEM programme consists of three main groups of activities and Young Researchers of Serbia (YRS) development:
- Establishment of the OIKOS support – a team from Young Researchers of Serbia in charge of supporting and monitoring civil society organizations’ education, policies, and networking
- Grants for the environmental CSOs
- Environmental protection campaign
- Improved knowledge of CSOs and stakeholders about the environmental policy
- Improved dialogue and cooperation between institutions and CSOs on transposition and enforcement of environmental acquis in Serbia.
- Raised public awareness and citizens’ involvement in the reforms of the environmental sector.
- Increased visibility and influence of the environmental CSOs.
- Preconditions set up for gender-sensitive planning in the environmental sector.
Environmental CSOs (citizens' associations), institutions, negotiation team for Chapter 27, municipalities, citizens.
Project Spacial Area:
Republic of Serbia
Sweden (16,000,000.00 SEK)
For more information about the ECO SYSTEM programme and its activities, visit ekosistem.mis.org.rs.