3ZA – All interested in sustainability of protected areas
CINA - Center for innovative activities
Year of Realisation:
Goal and Project Description:
The aim of the project was to set good governance of protected areas, based on rule of law, public participation, gender equity and constructive dialogue, as a standard in Serbia’ protected areas till 2020.
Through the dialogue of key actors in nature protection in Serbia, including sectors of agriculture, hunting, and fishing, the project resulted in:
– established national forum of key stakeholders,
– developed consultation mechanism between protected areas managers and local population on laws plans and programmes in protected areas,
– promoted a model for involving the local population in voluntary actions in protected areas,
– the promotional and educational material on public participation in nature protection (Tv serial, postcards, brochures, online courses),
– group of 25 experts from institutions and NGOs advocating for nature protection.
NGO, local population and protected areas managers
Project Spacial Area:
Djerdap, Uvac, Palic-Ludas
REC office in Serbia, through SENSE programme, supported by SIDA (62.825,00 EUR)