Volunteers build resilient communities. For almost 100 years in the world and 70 years in Yugoslavia and Serbia international volunteers build the resilience of the global community through workcamps – resilience against omnipresent intolerance among peoples, growth of nationalistic ideas that place people either on black or white side. We celebrate the International Volunteers Day […]
A new adventure is ahead – exchange of international youth leaders in workcamps over the summer
Twenty trained workcamp leaders embark on the practice phase of the project XCHANGE. Leaders from Estonia, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Czech Republic, Spain and Finland will come to Serbia this summer and 10 Serbian leaders will in turn go to their peers’ countries to lead workcamps.
Their task is not easy, but they have a sending and hosting voluntary service organisations to support them. Their tasks is to:
• create a well-functioning team of 10-15 international young volunteers for the period of 2 weeks in a local community they meet for the first time, in a country other then their own
• to complete a set task in the local community, which must always be of public interest
• to mediate in conflict resolution among the volunteers and among them and local community
• to practice efficient and effective problem solving
• to foster intercultural dialogue, fruitful discussions that help the group of volunteers overcome their stereotypes and prejudices about each other’s cultures and backgrounds
• to ensure volunteers with fewer opportunities equal participation
• to practice environmentally conscious behaviour and assist the volunteers in doing so as well
The XCHANGE project is supported by funds of KA2 under Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission. It directly supports the International Voluntary Service movement that exists for 100 years in exploring new innovative practices. The strategic partner of the project is Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations.
Obedska bara as an example of sustainable agriculture, an article published in Info – Europa (Die Presse)
Following the invitation of the editor of Info – Europa (published as a supplement of the daily newspaper Die Presse) Milka Gvozdenovic from YRS has written an article about sustainable agriculture in SEE. The need for stronger dialogue and cooperation between stakeholders on sustainable agriculture development in SEE region is illustrated with an example from […]