Young Researchers of Serbia, in cooperation with project partners and CSO networks, will continue work on monitoring a transposition and the implementation of the EU acquis (under Chapter 27 – Environment and Climate Change) during 2018. The project, supported by SIDA and REC office in Serbia, will have a focus on capacity building, advocacy, and […]
A new adventure is ahead – exchange of international youth leaders in workcamps over the summer
Twenty trained workcamp leaders embark on the practice phase of the project XCHANGE. Leaders from Estonia, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Czech Republic, Spain and Finland will come to Serbia this summer and 10 Serbian leaders will in turn go to their peers’ countries to lead workcamps.
Their task is not easy, but they have a sending and hosting voluntary service organisations to support them. Their tasks is to:
• create a well-functioning team of 10-15 international young volunteers for the period of 2 weeks in a local community they meet for the first time, in a country other then their own
• to complete a set task in the local community, which must always be of public interest
• to mediate in conflict resolution among the volunteers and among them and local community
• to practice efficient and effective problem solving
• to foster intercultural dialogue, fruitful discussions that help the group of volunteers overcome their stereotypes and prejudices about each other’s cultures and backgrounds
• to ensure volunteers with fewer opportunities equal participation
• to practice environmentally conscious behaviour and assist the volunteers in doing so as well
The XCHANGE project is supported by funds of KA2 under Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission. It directly supports the International Voluntary Service movement that exists for 100 years in exploring new innovative practices. The strategic partner of the project is Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations.
The web documentary “Diary of a camp leader” presented at the Alliance Technical Meeting to 50 voluntary service organizations from 29 countries
6/03/2018 20 youth leaders came through the XCHANGE project to practice their skills of leading international groups of volunteers in volunteer workcamps in small communities across 9 involved countries. Workcamp leaders are volunteers able to trigger a process of intercultural learning through a meaningful project of public interest in a local community, and thus durably […]